Monsters VS Aliens - A Monsterrific First IMAX Experience

March 26, 2009 (Thursday) - Got a message from my plurk through Az, asking me if I am available to go see the DreamWorks' MONSTERS VS ALIENS movie at the IMAX Theatre ot SM Mall of Asia, and I said a strong "YES, I can!" or was that "YES, I am!"?

chris a. movie review for monsters vs aliens


It was around 4:00 pm that time and that got me a bit worried because of the expected traffic that probably and will awaits me. So I immediately hurried up and got on the bus at around 4:40 pm in the afternoon and as expected a heavy traffic got on the way. I am a big movie and animation fan so I will not miss out on this this IMAX Theatre first. I was really worried because by 6:45 I am still on the bus but is already a couple of kilometers away from SM Mall Of Asia. I was hoping that I could still catch the beginning of the animated film and luckily I did. And here is my movie review of Monsters VS Aliens.

movie bloggers at SM Mall of Asia IMAX Theatre for Monsters Versus Aliens


As much as possible I would like this movie review be spoiler free so here goes. The story begins with a California girl Susan Murphy and her seemingly perfect life and will soon be married to a "devoted" news anchor named Billy, until a large meteorite called the "Quantonium" plummeted down on the soon to be bride. All was seemingly okay after that event as she rose from the rubles with just a ruined and stained dress. In her wedding day, after she "walk the isle" and she suddenly glowed in neon green which later made her hair turned all white and finally growing as tall as 49-feet 11 inches. Out of nowhere, military guys appeared and tranquilized the ginormous white hair Susan.

Monsters VS Aliens Movie Review Philippines


She soon wakes up at a confinement where she met the four monsters which the government has secretly hid with conspiracy an other blah blahs, an area so secret that the mere saying of its name is deadly (You'll know what I'm saying when you see the movie). The first monster was the gelatinous and indestructible B.O.B. who has no need for a brain; the brilliant yet mad scientist, Dr. Cockroach, PH.D (-Insert mad scientist laugh here-); The macho half-fish, half-ape Link or the Missing Link; and finally the 360-foot grub who link can only communicate with, Insectausaurus.

Monsters VS Aliens screenshot bob and susan scene


Susan Murphy's name was change to a new "scarier" monster name... Ginormica, well because she's ginormous hehehe. After a few months of confinement, they were later given the opportunity to be free once they save the Earth from destruction by beating the Alien Robot sent by a not so intelligent life form named Gallaxhor. How where they able to defeat the Aliens? What happened to the "love story" of Susan and her soon to be husband? Can the monsters soar to new heights? You can only know the rest of the story once you've seen the awesome animated movie.

This is one of the movie trailers for Monsters VS Aliens



Monsters VS Aliens Movie Review Philippines Life on a Pencil


After the film, the bloggers rallied up outside the IMAX Theatre after surrendering the IMAX 3D shades. Photo Op Time!

Philippine Bloggers at the Monsters VS Aliens Premiere

Azrael Coladilla at Monsters VS Aliens Premiere

Azrael Coladilla at Monsters VS Aliens Premiere in IMAX Theatre, SM Mall of Asia

Christopher Chris A. Aquino at the Monsters VS Aliens Premiere

Me!, Christopher "Chris A." Aquino (I also blog at CMAQUEST: An Infotainment and Magazine Blog) at the Monsters VS Aliens Premiere in IMAX Theatre, SM Mall of Asia

Jori of Jori's Entertainment Journal making the lovable 360-foot grub Insectosaurus post

Jori of Jori's Entertainment Journal making the lovable 360-foot grub Insectosaurus post at the Monsters VS Aliens Premiere in IMAX Theatre, SM Mall of Asia.

Arci Muñoz, StarStruck Celebrity at the Monsters VS Aliens Premiere at SM Mall of Asia

Me with Arci Muñoz (StarStruck), local celebrity at the Monsters VS Aliens Premiere at SM Mall of Asia


I highly recommend this movie, and will give it a four thumbs up if I am like Insectausurus. As I recalled I first saw some posters and trailers of Monsters Versus Aliens, and my first impression was that Monster VS Aliens is not going to be a good animated movie but after seeing it on an IMAX Theatre (which is also a first to me) I appreciated the dedication of the production, the plot, the graphics, the acting, and the lesson of accepting what one truly is and capabilities are, and the value of friendship regardless of the appearance and what other people might say against you.

Monsters VS Aliens is a movie which appeals to everyone (young and old). Every bloggers who watched it (whom I talked with) all gave it an awesome two thumbs up. My first monsterrific IMAX Experience is with a greatly crafted story of friendship and courage, which is Monsters VS Aliens.

movie bloggers at SM Mall of Asia IMAX Theatre for Monsters VS Aliens

Special Thanks To Azrael for the Photos
My Multiply Photos for the Monsters VS Aliens Movie Screening


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...