The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Film Experience

A big thanks to Warner Bros. Pictures Philippines for giving us the opportunity to see the first part of the last Harry Potter film franchise in IMAX Theater SM Mall of Asia last November 17, 2010. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently on all major cinemas nationwide (Philippines) and the rest of the world. It is a definite must see movie.

I was then thirteen when I first saw the first Harry Potter film The Philosopher's stone so I technically grew up watching this film franchise. I am really thankful that I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books published (or listened to it since I am into audiobooks) as I saved myself from being spoiled on what will happen on this final leg of the film. What makes the viewing experience more worthwhile is having a good company with you as you watch. I was once again reacquainted with the Metro movie bloggers in this IMAX HP7 premiere screening. I really miss hanging around and socializing with them during various events, hope to get back to the local blogosphere scene in the days to come.

Harry Potter and the Deatly Hallows Part 1 Imax Theater Premiere Screening

Photos by Azrael Coladilla.


Harry Potter picks up where the last three movie drops off, by taking a more darker tone and hoplessness feel to it. Hopelessness in the sense that everything seems to go against our protagonists, beloved characters dying and odds of winning diminishing. Of course in the back of our minds we know that there would eventually be a happy ending and that is what we are looking forward to on the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part by 2011. I recommend Harry Potter for all the fans and movie goers who grew up and followed the series. It is a great film to watch this weekend, or anytime of the week especially if you are free with your Hogwarts loving friends. It is not in 3-D though which doesn't take anything away from the film. Forcing the film to be in 3-D might eventually ruin the film like what recent movies did lately. If it is not meant to be 3-D then don't make it in 3-D. As the popular saying goes "If the thing isn't broken, then don't fix it."

Catch my full written review later of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 on CMAQUEST.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...