No Major Christmas Parties For Me - But Still Am Thankful

December 21, 2009 (Monday) - Yes it is the season to be jolly (Falalala lala lalaaah). Living in the only Catholic nation in Asia (well most of it), a festive mood surrounds everyone. When life was a bit easy back on the days we usually have major Christmas gatherings or Noche Buenas but as time passes by it gradually fades down because of financial issues but at the end of the day it is not the feast and the gifts that define Christmas but rather the celebration of the TENTATIVE or CANNONED (by the Roman Catholic Church) birth of the savior Jesus Christ.

a thankful christmas


Well as you may notice I usually use Roman Catholics and cannon, wellit is a long story but let me just say I had a change of faith a couple of years back... not technically though, I am still baptized as a Catholic but deep inside I know better. But even if my loyalty doesn't solely belong to the Catholic church, the culture and tradition planted within me will never be taken out anymore.

It has been also a while since I've posted here in my personal blogs regarding Philippine related blog events, believe me there are so many Pinoy blogger Christmas parties happening all around the Metro, it is just that I missed out most of them because of some financial and management issues. I can still only look at some photos and wonder what it would be like if I was there, slightly envious (one of the deadliest sin I am guilty of) but not sour graping. It is a move of mine so no one elese is to blame but myself. So no major Christmas parties for me but I am still thankful for the blessings of our dear God and we're still alive to celebrate another festive holiday season.

Still a Merry Christmas to everyone and specially to the Pinoy blogging community I belong with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...