To See You Again Great Icon - A Francis Magalona Tribute

March 7, 2009 (Saturday) - The Filipinos all stopped and was shocked to hear about the news yesterday (March 6) about the passing away of The King of Philippine Rap and Hip Hop, Francis Magalona

I was energetic yesterday upon recording the "Sa Pula Sa Puti" segment of the Number One Philippines Noon Time Show Eat Bulaga because it is where the Philippine's favorite radio DJ's of Energy FM and Love Radio play each other in an entertaining Q&A game until the hosts release the official statement that Francis M. passed away.

francis magalona died

Francis Magalona (1964 - 2009)
A loving father, husband, friend, legend, icon, inspiration, srtist, musician, and
Proud Filipino




Today, Eat Bulaga pays tribute to their beloved friend, dabarkads, and inspiration, Francis M. Today, the Philippine Showbiz Industry, Philippine Plurkersphere and Pinoy Blogosphere mourns for the death of the Master Rapper. This can be seen on the people who visited his wake, the artists who paid tribute whether they are at the Kapuso or the Kapamilya Networks (Philippine TV networks known for their rivalry).

I don't know Francis M. nor had the chance to meet him in person, but as I've heard the sad news yesterday and watched the tribute today it can't be held to feel that I lost someone dear to me. I guess it is that I've grown up watching him in Eat Bulaga, sang a few of his songs in the past, and felt his warmness and courage through his blogs and in Eat Bulaga. If I felt sadness, what more of his family and friends. My condolences.

In one of my response about Farncis "Kiko" Magalona's passing away discussion in plurk I said:

"When people cry and mourn over a celebrity, it only means that he exceeded the status of being a mere celebrity. He became a part of everyone's lives and that is the reason why we are feeling this grief over his passing away."

From his last update on his BLOG (http://francismagalona.multiply.com/) he said and let me quote it:

"I look forward to the pain as I know my journey is on full speed ahead. I will not be bold to say that without asking a favor from you all. PLEASE PRAY for me as I undergo treatment. Your prayers, as always, have sustained me. And am sure the Lord will listen to all our prayers. To His will I submit myself."

Francis M last blog

- Francis M's a Free Mind

Francis Magalona's optimism and patriotism to the Philippines and the Filipino people is what seemingly little seeds of hope he have planted to the hearts of every Filipinos through the years. Those the legend passed away, Francis Magalona still lives on through the hearts and minds of every Filipino: family, friends, fans, follower, and the industry.

We are all heading his way so it is not a frewell but to see you again great icon.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...